• 1 bag of veggie meat crumbles or 3 cups of TVP (if using TVP separate steps are needed to cook the TVP)
• 1/2 cup uncooked rice
• 4 green bell peppers
• 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
• ¼ cup of onion
• 1 tomato
• 1 can of mushrooms
• 1 bag of shredded Mozzarella cheese
• A pinch of pepper and red pepper
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or oregano
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned. Once the rice and fake meat are finished cooking place in skillet together, add a pinch of pepper, oregano, and red pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes
3. If using fresh mushrooms slice them thin, cook on skillet till tender. Dice the tomatoe
4. Chop the onion, cook in skillet, then add mushrooms and tomatoes
5. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Place the pepper in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Remove and Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
6. In a bowl mix the onion, tomatoes, onion, rice and fake beef, mushrooms. The stuff the pepper with the filling mixture.
7. Place a small amount of sauce and cheese on top of the stuff pepper
8. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.