Monday, November 23, 2009

Mango Salsa

I never would have thought to create salsa out of Mango's and apples, and of course other things. So in my search of some new awesome alternatives for food cosumption, Mango Salsa sounded like my next brick in my new road of discovery of food.

In the event you are interested in trying something new, and let me say wonderful, here is the fuel and machinery you will need.

Machinery: A food processor, a couple sharp knives, a few bowls (or a large one), cutting board, and a jar for storage or tupperware.

Ingrediants:2 ripe mangos, 2 apples, 1 small onion, 3 cloves of garlic or minced garlic, 1 jalapeno pepper,lemon juice, cilantro, and salt.

1. Chop and peal the mangos, apples, onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper.
2. Place everything you have cut up into a bowl, add lemon juice, salt, and cilantro
3. using your hands mix it up till you feel it has been nicely mixed.
4. Place into food processor, I had to do three rounds since my food processor is small.
5. Place into a jar, bowl, or tuppeware, cover and place into the fridge for 3 to 4 hours before serving for more spice.
6. Serve with yer fav pita chips or torritla chips and enjoy.


Preparation time: 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment