Nice, easy eggplant, beef sausage, and tomato dish. Sauteed sausage, onion, garlic with eggplant cooked in a crockpot on low heat.
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
8 Lean Beef Sausages
1 Large White Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Eggplant, peeled and chopped
3/4 teaspoon Chili Flakes
1 (14.5 ounces) can Diced Tomatoes
1 cup Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley Leaves, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add beef sausages and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally. Sausage should be evenly browned.
3. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels.
4. Add chopped onion, crushed garlic, and eggplant to pan. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in chili flakes and diced tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
6. Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
7. Spoon eggplant mixture into crock pot. Add sausages. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
8. Stir in parsley. Season with pepper. Serve with steamed vegetables.