Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pizza Dip

So this isn't a recipe that I recently found, but it's my easy, awesome standby. My friends and I have been making this since high school and we still eat it at almost every gathering.

Pizza Dip

software:
1-2 bags of Frito Scoops (not optional)
1 block of cream cheese
1 can of pizza sauce
1 bag of shredded cheese
assortment of pizza toppings (optional)

hardware:
oven proof or microwavable dish (I usually use a square stone baker or a round Pyrex dish)
spatula

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if using the oven method)

Spread the cream cheese to evenly cover the bottom of your dish of choice.
Pour the pizza sauce over the cream cheese. I usually tap the dish on the counter a few times to make sure that there are no bubble and that the sauce is even.
Sprinkle all the cheese over top of the pizza sauce.
At this time you can put toppings on the pizza dip, but I usually leave it plain.

Bake pizza dip for 15-20 min, or until cheese is bubbly( if using oven method).
You can also microwave the pizza dip. I usually try 5 min increments, and once again my method of checking the "done-ness" is by bubbly cheese. But to be honest, I like the oven method better.

Remove from oven, or microwave.

At this time open the Frito Scoops and place in bowl.

I usually wait to open the scoops so that I a)don't eat the scoops without the dip, and b)give the dip a few minutes to cool down.

Scoop and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment